Each week we endeavor to share five of the more thought-provoking, inspiring articles we’ve encountered during the previous week.
For your reading list this week…
- Scanning the Economic Landscape, and Still Seeing Little on the Horizon: Sometimes its easy to forget that sometimes members who appear to have lived beyond their means only appear so after they lose their job. Great piece by the New York Times about one such person.
- Navigating the Market – A Comparison of Spending on Financial Education and Financial Marketing: Is marketing to blame for the low level of dollars spent on financial education? The CFPB seems to make that connection in a new report released November 18.
- On a Terrible Team? Maybe You’re Making It Worse: Only other people contribute to terrible teams, right? This HBR blog post questions that most basic and common response to a toxic environment: that it’s the other guy’s fault.
- We Just Found This Hidden Location-Tracking Map Inside iOS 7: Your phone keeps a list of where you’ve been!? A short Fast Company article, but very interesting … or creepy.
- UPS researching delivery drones that could compete with Amazon’s Prime Air: Another short article, but a thought provoker in this way … drones delivering closing docs to members. It could happen.
Have your own suggestions for compelling articles to read this week? Drop them in the comments section below.