Glatt Consulting’s business model development consulting solution is designed to help you establish and migrate to a business model structure best suited to address your environmental and competitive threats, and achieve your strategic objectives.
Our consulting projects are structured around “blocks” of activities each designed to lead to critical awareness or decisions specific to a given project type and its outcome. For business model development these blocks include:
- Project Foundation: We will deploy project-specific resources so that the project is properly defined and supported. We will share access to project databases and/or views to ensure the project stays on track and so that project participants remain informed.
- Current-State Business Model & Responsibilities: We will facilitate the capture/update of business model elements and the performance level of business model elements so that current business model structure, risks, and opportunities are known to project participants. We will document business model elements in a project-specific database.
- Business Model Future-State Objectives: We will facilitate the capture of objectives that define business model development outcomes to provide clarity for the subsequent creation of new business model options. We will document business model future-state objectives in the project database.
- Future-State Business Model Development: We will aid in the development of future-state business model design options, and facilitate the discussion and selection of the desired “future-state” business model. We will document the final future-state business model in the project database.
- Migration Strategy: We will aid in the development of a clear and executable plan for migrating from the current-state to the future-state business model, including timelines, tasks, and responsibilities. We will document migration strategy in the project database.
- Migration Support Retainer: We will provide ongoing support for business model migration, serving as a resource for project managers, and helping to ensure migration strategy remains on track in accordance with the migration strategy plan.
While we generally recommend clients work through each of the blocks making up our business model development consulting solution, we do allow for clients to build a custom solution within our business model development structure. For example, a client may want to work with us up through future-state business model development, but may prefer addressing migration strategy and execution without additional assistant.
Each of the blocks outlined above involve varying degrees of interaction and engagement with project participants. Block efforts might include discovery and rating surveys, virtual and/or in-person results debriefs and discussions, and decision making made for the benefit of subsequent project blocks and the organization’s future-state business model deployment.
Project timelines are generally adapted to client-specific demands, although we do have a recommended pacing for business model development projects. This timeline is as follows:
|Project Foundation||Month 1|
|Current-State Business Model & Responsibilities||Month 2|
|Business Model Future-State Objectives||Month 3|
|Future-State Business Model Development||Month 4|
|Migration Strategy||Month 5|
|Migration Support Retainer||Months 6 – 12|
By spacing project activities across multiple months, participants are allowed opportunities to thoughtfully participate and contribute to an effective and informed project outcome.
For a business model development project an “execution plan” is the defined deliverable, but in the case of Glatt Consulting that execution plan is documented in two ways. The first way is in an extensive project-management database, ownership of which is transferred to the client to use for on-going plan management. The second is the future-state business model, documenting departments and business model element ownership. This is also transferred to the client for on-going business model management.
Have Questions? Ready to Work?
Let us know! Complete our interest form to get the discovery process started – which involves exploring how we might customize the process for you, and determining whether Glatt Consulting and your organization are a good fit.