Glatt Consulting’s merger strategy consulting solution is designed to help you establish the collection of objectives, strategies, and allowable impacts to business model structure to guide your merger outreach and engagement effort.
Our consulting projects are structured around “blocks” of activities each designed to lead to critical awareness or decisions specific to a given project type and its outcome. For merger strategy these blocks include:
- Project Admin: We will deploy project-specific resources so that the project is properly defined and supported. We will share access to project databases and/or views to ensure the project stays on track and so that project participants remain informed.
- Business Model: We will facilitate the capture/update of business model elements and the performance level of business model elements so that merger-relevant business model elements can be identified by project participants. We will document business model elements in a project-specific database.
- Merger Objectives & Outcomes: We will facilitate the identification of merger objectives and outcomes that tie to relevant business model elements. We will document merger objectives and outcomes in the project database.
- Merger Strategies: We will facilitate the development and prioritization of marketplace outreach strategies that allow for, or result in, the achievement of merger objectives and outcomes. The results of this effort will be captured in the project database.
- Ongoing Merger Support: We will periodically facilitate exploration and discussion of updated marketplace trends and issues to determine impact on merger objectives and/or strategies, and to identify organizational response if any is necessary. We will also support meetings with individual merger partners by offering additional research, exploration of discussion scenarios, and meeting facilitation (if desired).
While we generally recommend clients work through each of the blocks making up our merger strategy consulting solution, we do allow for clients to build a custom solution within our merger strategy structure. For example, a client may want to work with us up through setting objectives, but may prefer addressing strategies and subsequent outreach without additional assistant.
Each of the blocks outlined above involve varying degrees of interaction and engagement with project participants. Block efforts include discovery and rating surveys, virtual and/or in-person results debriefs and discussions, and decision making made for the benefit of subsequent project blocks and the organization’s merger strategy execution.
Project timelines are generally adapted to client-specific demands, although we do have a recommended pacing for corporate strategy projects. This timeline is as follows:
|Project Foundation||Month 1|
|Business Model||Month 2|
|Merger Objectives & Outcomes||Month 3|
|Merger Strategies||Month 4|
|Ongoing Merger Support||Months 5-12|
By spacing project activities across multiple months, participants are allowed opportunities to thoughtfully participate and contribute to an effective and informed project outcome.
For a merger strategy project a “merger plan” is the defined deliverable, but in the case of Glatt Consulting that merger plan is documented in an extensive project-specific database, ownership of which is transferred to the client to use for on-going plan management.
Have Questions? Ready to Work?
Let us know! Complete our interest form to get the discovery process started – which involves exploring how we might customize the process for you, and determining whether Glatt Consulting and your organization are a good fit.