Glatt Consulting’s corporate strategy consulting solution is designed to help you establish the strategic objectives, strategies, and business model transformations necessary for you to capitalize on environmental opportunities and respond to environmental and competitive threats.
Our consulting projects are structured around “blocks” of activities each designed to lead to critical awareness or decisions specific to a given project type and its outcome. For corporate strategy these blocks include:
- Project Foundation: We will deploy project-specific resources so that the project is properly defined and supported. We will share access to project databases and/or views to ensure the project stays on track and so that project participants remain informed.
- Environment & Competitors: We will facilitate the capture of environmental issues and competitors, and the threat levels of each so that external risks and opportunities are known to planning participants. We will document environmental issues and competitors in the project database.
- Business Model: We will facilitate the capture of business model elements and the performance level of business model elements so that business model structure, risks and opportunities are known to project participants. We will document business model elements in a project-specific database.
- Objectives & Scorecard: We will facilitate the capture of objectives that address strategically relevant internal and external threats and opportunities, and the establishment of scorecard metrics and outcomes that properly measure objective success. We will document objectives and scorecard measurements in the project database and also in a plan document.
- Strategies: We will facilitate the capture of strategies that allow for, or result in, the achievement of strategic objectives. We will document strategies, to include timelines and responsibilities, in the project database and also in the plan document.
- Strategy Support Retainer: We will periodically facilitate exploration and discussion of updated marketplace trends and issues to determine impact on objectives and/or strategies, and to identify organizational response if any is necessary.
While we generally recommend clients work through each of the blocks making up our corporate strategy consulting solution, we do allow for clients to build a custom solution within our strategy structure. For example, a client may want to work with us up through setting objectives and scorecard metrics, but may prefer addressing strategies and subsequent trend updates internally without additional assistant.
Each of the blocks outlined above involve varying degrees of interaction and engagement with project participants. Block efforts include discovery and rating surveys, virtual and/or in-person results debriefs and discussions, and decision making made for the benefit of subsequent project blocks and the organization’s final strategic plan.
Project timelines are generally adapted to client-specific demands, although we do have a recommended pacing for corporate strategy projects. This timeline is as follows:
|Project Foundation||Month 1|
|Environment & Competitors||Month 2|
|Business Model||Month 3|
|Objectives and Scorecard||Month 4|
|Strategy Support||Months 6 – 12|
By spacing project activities across multiple months, participants are allowed opportunities to thoughtfully participate and contribute to an effective and informed project outcome.
For a corporate strategy project a “strategic plan” is the defined deliverable, but in the case of Glatt Consulting that strategic plan is documented in two ways. The first way is in a summary PDF document outlining the general process and outcomes for each of the project blocks. The second is in an extensive project-specific database, ownership of which is transferred to the client to use for on-going plan management.
Have Questions? Ready to Work?
Let us know! Complete our interest form to get the discovery process started – which involves exploring how we might customize the process for you, and determining whether Glatt Consulting and your organization are a good fit.